CRDF Global is hosting an in-person, 2-day workshop on cyber theft in academia in Singapore with the objective of enhancing the capacity of its academic institutions to defend against and respond to cyber threats posted by criminal entities seeking to acquire proliferation-sensitive research and design data through unauthorized access to computer systems and networks. This training will engage university information technology leaders, cybersecurity professionals, and other stakeholders from teaching and research institutions of higher education.
The training will start on November 7, 2022, and will end on November 8, 2022.
The training will:
- Enable and mobilize participants to identify and institutionalize the detection of specific Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) used by criminal threat actors to engage in espionage with a focus on insider threats and supply chain vulnerabilities.
- Utilize a combination of presentations and case studies that will contribute to the development of a familiarity with the specific social engineering techniques utilized by hackers and criminals to gain trust and penetrate cyber networks, specifically with the intent to acquire academic data and intellectual property.
- Who should attend this training?
- University Information Technology Professionals
- University Administrative & Department Heads
- Cybersecurity Professionals
- Faculty & Researchers in IP, Data Security, Software Design, Informatics, Engineering, Chemistry, and other STEM-related fields
- Other relevant public and private sector stakeholdersDr. Eric J. Novotny - President of the Faculty and Hurst Memorial Senior Professorial Lecturer at the American University, Washington, DC, and founding director of the graduate program in cybersecurity.
This training is offered free of charge for a select number of participants. Please register at your earliest convenience on this website or contact Kelly Skinner at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 1, 2022 to indicate your interest in attending. CRDF Global will confirm your enrollment via e-mail as soon as possible.
Please note that attendance is highly limited and prospective participants' credentials will be evaluated to determine eligibility.
More details could be found at:
Summary - Seminar on Enhancing Cybersecurity Capabilities in Academia (cvent.com)